Monday, January 5, 2009

Email to Parents 1-2009

Email to parents on 5th Jan 2009, 2pm.
Dear Parents/Guardians,

Welcome to the New Academic Year!
It is the beginning of a new academic year, 2009. As the Form Teacher of your child’s class, I warmly welcome your child to Secondary 2G.

It is my belief that every child has the ability to excel if he is given the proper guidance and well-deserved opportunities. I am glad to have the opportunity to help each child in my class maximize his potential to the best I can. My Assistant Form Teacher, Ms Gloria Boey and I will do our best to ensure that your son enjoys another fruitful year of studies and CCA in year 2009 as he strives to deliver his best performance.

At the same time, ensuring a supportive home environment will be invaluable to your son’s well-being. As such, I sincerely hope that we can work hand in hand in every possible area, so as to create a truly supportive learning environment at home and school for your child.

My Assistant Form Teacher and I are open to discussions concerning your son. Do feel free to contact me at my extension 62912965 ext 281(melissa@vs.moe.edu.sg) or Ms Gloria Boey at ext 263(gloria@vs.moe.edu.sg). Alternatively, you may contact us via the school website at http://www.vs.moe.edu.sg/.

Do also note that our class blog will continue to be updated regularly and provide you with information on latest happenings in VS and in class 2G. The website to our blog will continue to exist as http://www.vs1g2008.blogspot.com/.

You may wish to contact the subject teachers teaching the class if you need information concerning the particular subject. Their names and extension numbers are as listed below:
English: Mr. Maran (ext 230) Mathematics: Ms. Wong LM (ext 280)
Science: Ms. Gloria Boey (ext 263) Geography: Ms. Ria (ext 268)
Home Economics: Mdm Hashima (ext 281) Physical Education: Mr. Lee BK (ext 256)Literature: Ms. Adelyn Tan (ext 275)

At this juncture, I would also like to bring your attention to the Victoria School Parent Support Group (VSPSG). The VSPSG has been a valued partner in the well-being and development of Victorians, working in close rapport with the school. The VSPSG organizes talks and seminars regularly to aid in enhancing family life amongst parents, teaching staff and students. Do feel free to contact the general office at 62912965 or visit their website at www.vs.moe.edu.sg/psg for further details on the upcoming PSG initiatives.

Thank you very much for taking time off to read this mail. I look forward to working closely with you for the total development of your child. Last but not least, I would like to take this opportunity to wish you and your loved ones, a fruitful and meaningful year ahead!

Warmest regards,
Melissa Lim
5th January 2009

No comments: